10 Foods for Glowing Skin
“Glowing skin” is something we hear a lot, and it is a key description a lot of brides’ give us when explaining the kind of look they are wanting and rightly so! Everyone wants to look the best version of themselves on their wedding day and this includes healthy skin. Make-up does play a key part in this, knowing what skin care products to use for each individual skin type along with the right foundations, highlighters, connecting shadows and highlights on the face in a complimentary way and so on, however it all starts inside and begins with nutrition. Your skin is completely connected to your stomach, and you can notice a difference very quickly if you eat well.
Food is an integral component to healthy, glowing skin and it’s the best place to start. The rest; Skincare and make-up just enhances what we have, but to have healthy skin it’s important to put the right things into your body.
Here are 10 foods to ensure your skin will glow on your big day:
- Tomatoes – They provide the best defense to keeping skin looking young and safe from sun damage. Using topically; Applying tomato juice or rubbing tomato halves on the skin evens out the skin and revives the glow giving you a healthy looking skin. It contains a high amount of Vitamin C, which is known to brighten skin.
- Apples – They contain Malic Acid which promotes firm, youthful skin by renewing skin cells without damaging the skin layer.
- Soy – Helps with fine wrinkles and skin firmness.
- Eggs – Eggs contain very high levels of lecithin, which is one of the primary building blocks of your cell walls. This protects your skin from aging by keeping it firm and wrinkle free. Eggs also contain co-enzyme Q10, which heightens the levels of aqualene in your skin. This keeps your skin hydrated and supple.
- Almonds – One of the best foods for skin is almonds, it contains vitamin e, which protects skin from UV rays, wrinkles, anti aging and helps to build collagen. It also contains omega 6 and omega 9 fatty acids; it helps to maintain skin elasticity.
- Olives and Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (Raw – this is very important) – Known to plump up your skin cells. The mono-saturated fats in olives/olive oil combined with the antioxidant protection and vitamin E lowers the risk of damage and inflammation of your skin.
- Walnuts – Contains Omega-3 fats, which improve skin’s elasticity. It also helps give a really lovely rosy complexion to the skin. It contains all the necessary minerals like copper, iron, zinc which helps to maintain collagen in our skin.
- Lemon – Contains bioflavonoids that help Vitamin C to work more effectively. The natural acids of lemon gently remove dead skin cells and lighten age spots, unwanted freckles and clears facial discolorations. The acidity content absorbs the oiliness and cleans the pores without stripping the skin of its natural oil balance.
- Spinach – Unprocessed spinach is rich in carotenoids, amino acids, potassium, and iodine, and Vitamins like A, K, C and B complex. Spinach juice is extremely good on acne. Spinach is rich in both Vitamin K and folate. This helps achieve clear skin i.e. acne free skin by reducing dark circles and other bruises. If you are suffering from dry and itchy skin, spinach cures you from that problem too.
- Pomegranate Seeds – Packed with protective polyphenols that help to hydrate and regulate the skin’s blood flow, thus promoting a rosy glow. Pomegranates have been known to be the most powerful natural antioxidants, as they contain multiple nutritious vitamins and minerals.
Hope this helps, if you have any questions about anything specific please do get in touch – [email protected] and feel free to reply below with any thoughts.
Go Get Your Glow!